Monday, June 20, 2011

Thank You


Dear 21st Time Class,

Thank you so much for the goodies and the itunes gift card. While on the 10-day trip, new songs on my ipod were needed, and I also enjoyed and shared the snacks.

The METour let me grow stronger in my faith, and I also met 47 other girls who were very strong Christians. I had the opportunity to tour DenUM and interact with people in homeless shelters and with low-income children. I also had the opportunity to help UMCOR pack birthday kits for African children. I also volunteered at and toured several clothing and food pantries. We ended the trip by visiting Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore.

The main focus of the trip was poverty and living in a small community. This trip opened my eyes to the needs the country has. I will definitely have to share more about my trip when I am home in July. Thanks again so much.

Love,

Katy Clawson

No comments:

Post a Comment